Integrity vs. Compromise...what does that mean to you? Well, I found out tonight something that my ears really needed to hear. All through highschool I've been sending the wrong kind of message to boys. I was always wanting to get a reaction out of them...I guess that you could say I was trying to be a tease. One things for sure, I wasn't showing Gods love. Now I know that was high school and that I wasn't in the least bit perfect and I guess you could also say that I was doing what alot of high school girls do, so you would probably say, "hey...whats the big deal?" Well it is a big deal! I'm a Christian and am supposed to be a living example of Jesus' love and when I talk the talk but don't have the actions to back my words up then I'm just being useless. With my boyfriend, the things I would say and the things I would do were wrong because of the plain fact that my intentions behind then were wrong. Look, it's not wrong for a Christian girl to wear a short skirt and a tank top on a nice summer day, BUT...if she's going into it with a mindset that she wants some guy to compliment her to satisfy her cravings to have attention, or if she wants a guy to go gaagaa for her exposed legs and possibly upper body...then she's completely comprising both her mind and her emotions. Having integrity means to be undivided in all aspects of yourself. To have a complete balance such as your mind, emotions, spirituality and physicality. When you let one or the others slip then it's going to affect the rest of them. In the Old Testament there were given many laws, then God condensed those laws into The 10 Commandments, and in the New Testament He did some more condensing and taught us about two commandments in which to follow, starting with what He said was the Greatest Commandment: "Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." The second one that he gave was kind of like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself."-Matthew 22:37-40
In both of these commandments, Jesus wasn't saying that the law was important, it's the love that is important. I believe the book is correct when saying that if you live by both of these commandments than I will be able to have sexual integrity. I also believe that if I live by both of these commandments than I won't have to abide by any other regulations or standards. I just really wanted to share this and in hopes that it might leave whoever reads this with an understanding about your own purity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment